We understand that the breakdown of a relationship is an emotional, difficult and confusing time. Many are often unclear as to their rights and obligations under federal and B.C. family law. Many are overwhelmed by the number of important decisions to be made about both finances and child care and unsure as to the best way to safeguard their family and their future.
We provide clear explanations and practical solutions, offered with compassion and understanding.
We take the time to get to know your situation thoroughly and to find solutions that work for you and your family. We will help you negotiate separation agreements that protect your rights and interests.
We offer services in all areas of family law, including:
- Marriage contracts and co-habitation agreements.
- Separation agreements.
- Financial matters such as division of property, child support and spousal support.
- Matters involving children such as custody and access.
- Variation of existing custody and support orders.
- Relocation applications, creation of, or opposing.
- Experienced in both Supreme Court and Provincial Court levels, as well as matters involving the Ministry of Children & Families. *We do not represent the Ministry.
Because we also specialize in will & estate planning, we can provide you with informed advice about complex business assets and real estate matters (such as your matrimonial home) and help you modify your estate plan. Although we prefer to resolve matters through negotiation to minimize costs and preserve family relationships, if court is unavoidable, we are here to help and ready to vigorously defend your rights.
We are here to assist right from the beginning
Our services include:
- Matters relating to shares and shareholders (including shareholder rights and remedies).
- Reorganizations for estate planning purposes (such as estate freezes) or reorganizations as a result of bringing on a new shareholder.
- Shareholder’s agreements.
- Asset and share sales or purchases (the sale of a company by selling the assets of that company or its shares to a third party).
- Other business transactions.
- Contract issues.
- Commercial litigation.
We work with the individual’s accountant and other key players to ensure that they get the best value and the most protection.
Wills & Estates
Personalized solutions for your wills and estate plan needs
Together with our clients’ financial professionals, we work to develop an estate plan that ensures our clients’ final wishes are carried out in the most efficient and cost-effective method possible.
- Power of attorneys.
- Family trusts.
- Testamentary trusts (trusts created in your will).
We work with each individual client to assess their needs and customize our services to provide the best fit.
Assistance for executors of estates
With Seeger Law, you have access to dependable assistance for:
- Making probate applications.
- Handling Wills Variation Act applications.
- Other state matters.
Assistance for family caregivers
If a loved one has lost mental capacity and needs to have a committee appointed, we assist through the paperwork and application process to obtain the committeeship you need.
Let’s get to work!
Start the conversation and learn more about your options for your family law, corporate law or wills and estates needs. We’re ready to help.